An Introduction to SUN Collision Interactive Wiring Diagrams
With so much that can go wrong with today’s complex vehicles, you need wiring diagrams that put you in control of your diagnostics. The latest enhancements to SUN Collision’s wiring diagrams redefine electrical diagnostics with patent-pending interactive features.
Our new interactive wiring diagrams let you navigate from the diagram directly to component information without a secondary lookup. Component names shown in the wiring diagrams are active links that take you straight to information like component location, connector views, replacement procedures and more.
You also have the ability to launch a search from within the wiring diagram. Click the “New Search” button to navigate to the 1Search Plus card results page with your selected component as the search term. We’ve also made some navigation improvements specific to wiring diagrams:
- To drag the page of the wiring diagram, simply move it with your mouse. (no more selecting the “hand” function)
- All diagrams are shown top-left justified to improve zoom function.
The interactive features build on the recent component-level enhancements for our wiring diagrams. The full set of interactive features includes:
- Component names in the diagrams are active links that connect directly to complete component information.
- After performing a 1Search, SUN Collision takes you directly to the wiring diagram associated with your search term.
- The ability to toggle highlighting of associated wires for any component without having to click each wire separately.
- A simplified view of complex diagrams with highlighting that extends across all the pages until the wire reaches its termination point.
- Zoom and orientation are maintained across multiple pages, streamlining navigation.
- When performing a deep dive into a wiring diagram, hidden wires appear faded but do not disappear entirely, providing detail while preserving the big picture view.
SUN Collision Repair Information offers collision repair facilities a comprehensive source of repair information that covers all types of repairs, both collision and mechanical, and includes OEM and real-world industry information.For more information, call 877-840-1973 or visit suncollision.com.
Ross Whiteley, Product Manager for SUN Collision, has held roles of increasing responsibility at Snap-on over the past 13 years. He joined SUN Collision’s sister company, Mitchell 1, as Product Contact Support rep in 2010 and was later promoted to Client Services Manager. He began his career after high school as a UPS driver in 1997 and went on to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and an MBA in BA in Project Management at Purdue University in 2015. In the interim, he held various positions in the auto industry, including roles as Service Consultant at Lithia Chrysler Dodge and Assistant Service Manager at Cascade Auto Center.